"The mission of Faith and Climate Action Montana is to create community that engages faith voices and spiritual wisdom to raise awareness, advocate, and organize in the public sphere. This social justice community takes action in response to the intensification of the climate crisis that creation is facing."
Since 2015, Faith and Climate Action Montana (FCAM) has been an active, volunteer-operated, interfaith coalition based in Missoula, Montana. We have held close ties to several faith communities in the Missoula area, as well as affiliating itself with Emmaus Campus Ministry at the University of Montana. We have held multiple community events and many other educational events, gatherings, and opportunities in advocacy, including:
- Faith and Climate Change Panel Discussion (2015)
- the Lummi Totem Pole event (2016)
- the Congregational Climate Change Summit (2016)
- support and advocacy during the 2017 Legislative Session (2016-2017)
- the Communicating Climate Change event focused on engaging people of faith to care for Creation (2017)
- “The Time Is Now: Interfaith Action for Climate Justice” Conference and Workshop (2018)
- Climate Conversations presentation series (2020)
- and others!